Where Ladybugs Roar

Confessions and Passions of a Compulsive Writer

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

WIP Wednesday- Secrets and Vampires

So, I'd planned on working on getting my head out of Secrets of Skin and Stone but the agent email I received yesterday included some revision advice which I can't seem to get out of my mind and kept me up late thinking about it. One of her comments regarding the ending just makes so much sense my fingers feel itchy to fix it.

I'm still waiting to hear back from her so it can wait a day... maybe.

LOL. Actually, knowing my issues with obsessive writing, you've probably guessed I'll work on that tonight.

In the meantime, Piper's voice is more pernicious than I'd ever guess... especially with her accent. It's dug down into my head and rooted in. Gris's isn't quite as sticky, but Piper's really is.

I wanted to get to work on the revision request for Curse Me A Story, so I was trying to exorcise Piper's voice from my head, but that might be put on hold if I'm going to be working on revisions of Secrets of Skin and Stone.

Either way, when I'm in the middle of a revision or writing, I can't read other people's writing. So, Monday, when I wasn't sure if I'd be doing a few more revisions to Secrets of Skin and Stone before I tried querying it (I was waffling hourly on querying, but I had two betas that were still helping me with it... so I was pretty sure I might) I decided to do a "revision" on my tawdry vampire love story while I was waiting. By revision, I mean mostly just reading and taking out the occasional "that."

Some of you may remember the tawdry vampire story that started off as a short story here on the blog and I got a bunch of requests to turn it into a novel. It ended up being a three part novel with three different POVs picking up the narrative as it built. It also ended up being so sexy I slapped a pseudonym on it and I have no idea what to do with it. Also... the title is rather racy. *head slap* Sometimes, I think I'm making this up as I go along... this whole writer thing. I won't even let my mom read it... it's THAT sexy.

So, that's my progress for WIP Wednesday. I've still got my head stuck in Secrets of Skin and Stone but I've been removing "that"s from sexy vampires who really don't need them. (That's what she said...)

No comments:

Post a Comment