Where Ladybugs Roar

Confessions and Passions of a Compulsive Writer

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Killing Them Dead


It's one of those days when I'll be killing my writing. I have nothing but revisions ahead of me. On the other hand, I'm really excited about how "Secrets of Skin and Stone" is developing with revisions. I also need to revise a short story which I'm less excited to tackle. I was having a Twitter conversation this morning about it. It's harder to draw the line on what is voice and what is sloppy writing when it's a sixteen year old girl's POV and it's written in 1st person. I need to read it out loud and establish that, but it's not something I'm really looking forward to.

The husband is off on a work trip this week to the French Riviera. (I know... the poor dear) So, my personal life is going to cut into my writing life this week. B is still going through this crying sobfests over the little things, so it's probably time to give up and take her into the doctor and have him figure it out. I don't know what is wrong with her. It still might be a sinus infection, but I don't know... and neither does she. T gets a little nuts when his dad is gone and he was wired last night. My insomnia didn't kick back in last night so I actually got nearly eight hours of sleep. I feel alive and much more patient.

Okay, it's time to man up and just deal with that YA. *deep breath*

No comments:

Post a Comment