Where Ladybugs Roar

Confessions and Passions of a Compulsive Writer

Monday, July 26, 2010

Oh... and Short Stories

I've been more in a short story mood this summer, and I'm just putting them all in one place while I'm trying to figure out what to do with them. (I'm calling it an anthology, but really it's just a 'this is where I'll stick all these for right now' collection.) It's now at 102 K with everything from flash fiction to a novella. Anyone have much experience with e-publishing short stories that they'd like to share? I checked out duotrope for a few epublishers that I'm interested in, but I'm really struggling to just do it. I'm just not sure if it's what I want to do.

Thoughts? Anyone?

4 comments:

  1. I would suggest you create an anthology through CreateSpace or Lulu, maybe. I have lots of experience with this if you'd like to ask me any questions. :)

    I think it's fabulous you're doing this! I LOVE short stories. I'd pick up your anthology in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also suggest Lulu, as your collection will then be in results for Amazon.

    I'm glad I came across your site, and very glad that you're getting your work out. I would try to quell the concern you have over self publishing or not - just go for it. It's a great self esteem booster to just get something out, even if it's just for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've used Lulu quite a bit to publish beta copies of my novels. I love them. It's been private publishing runs, though, just for those beta copies. This wouldn't be self-publishing, but e-publishing that I'm considering. (right now)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lulu is expensive - more than CreateSpace. I've discovered this working both with Lulu and CreateSpace. You can work through CreateSpace and just do a Kindle version of your book, or you can just go through Smashwords (all ebook) and get into their distribution channel, which is great.

    ReplyDelete