Where Ladybugs Roar

Confessions and Passions of a Compulsive Writer

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Last Lines Blogfest

I love blogfests so much. I don't know if it's my OCD which likes themes... or my egomania which likes attention. Anyway... here is my Last Lines entry.

I'm doing the last line from my book Parallel Lives which mimics the beginning which I used for my very first blogfest and the kissing scene. This woman with PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) witnesses a murder (in the office in the parallel building) shortly after she comes out of a fugue trance in the dark in her office. She screams and this guy comes running to save her and turns on the light in her office. In order to explain their presence, she grabs the random guy and starts kissing him--enacting a torrid love scene for the murderer. Eventually, they get to know each other, solve a murder, and so on. He finds out at the end of the book that he has to leave town on a business trip for a bit. They're both wanting to make sure the other person knows they're in a relationship. Tess calls John and asks him to come across to her office. He walks in to find Tess right next to the door. (From John's perspective):

Hey… It was just like last time. This time, she flipped the lights back off. That's why it seemed familiar it was just like last…. I heard the buttons hit the walls as she yanked my shirt off, and then I decided that thinking was over-rated.

10 comments:

  1. Perfect way to end a story. And yes, thinking is way over-rated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lines always crack me up. Great job, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Short and hot - a much better combination than short and sweet. Well written.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo...nice, and short.
    Thinking is definitely overrated.
    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job. Short, sweet and amusing. The last line is fun and catches my attention very well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking is over-rated. Look at the politician of your choice!

    Your last lines were enticing and playful. Perfect ending. Roland

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great last line - this books sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an awesome job! A last line after my own heart :) And thinking IS over-rated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sound of buttons hitting the wall...very vivid. Liked your entry. Great job.

    ReplyDelete