Where Ladybugs Roar

Confessions and Passions of a Compulsive Writer

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Work in Progress Wednesday

I have so much to do today, but my asthma is already kicking my tail. This does not bode well. So, I'm still trying to decide on what to work on now. I'm also still trying to decide what to query and so on. Gah... clearly not a good day to be making useful decisions.

I have decided, however, that I'm going to send in Honor Among Thieves to DAW. Magic 8 ball doesn't think it's a good idea, but you really can't trust them not to be biased. I had it sent out on query, but I think I can assume I got their six weeks "no reply-not interested." It's really difficult for me not to rant about this subject. Give me a form rejection over no reply. Anyway, life moves on. So, I really need to push through Honor... again... and print it out. I might beg some query/cover page help on that this week.

Other than that... B and T are at school today. T had a rough start this morning. (Going back after a holiday is always tough.)

I was busy with a Twitter project this morning and was late to Yoga... by a lot. Then, one of them asked if I had a job in the morning and that's why I was late. Doh! (Of all the things to fess up to... yeah... awkward. Nothing like admitting to a room that you're going public with an imaginary friend.)

So, this morning, I have dishes to do. I should clean. More laundry. Blah blah blah and so on. Hopefully, my lungs start working. Happy Wednesday. For those of you that don't celebrate Wednesday... Happy pre-Thursday.

6 comments:

  1. LOL! Yes, I saw that Honor was now following me on Twitter. Sad thing is, I actually got excited -EYE ROLLING-

    If you need help with query stuff just ask =) I now have nothing to do all spring break except write (YAY).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see how few people Honor is following? You should be excited, Natalie. :) Nothing to be ashamed of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm horrible at queries, BUT I'll take a look to make sure Honor's voice really shines through, because I think THAT ALONE will get a response. Honor's voice is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry your asthma is kicking your tail. I had it as a child and (thankfully) grew out of it, so I can somewhat imagine how your feeling. Anyway, I hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you were having a sucky asthma day yesterday!!! Hope you're feeling better today. :) Also, you're a writer, so it's okay to play with your imaginary friends. It's what we do!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited to have Honor on my tail... lol, you know, following me?!

    I thought my above quip was funny, but I am severly sleep deprived.

    I hope you feel better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete