Where Ladybugs Roar

Confessions and Passions of a Compulsive Writer

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Rare Moment of Writer's Block

This cold is sucking the life out of me.

Like a drain swilling down the last of the soapy water....

Like a moth trapped in a flame....

Like the mud dragging the boot off your foot....

Like the roll absorbing the last of the Thanksgiving gravy....

Like a disposable diaper accidentally washed....

I'm stuck in my book. I just got a wonderful email from LULU promising me 15% off my order if I place it by Friday, and I thought "It's only 10K words left. I can finish it. I can print it out and get it here to proofread." No. I'm stuck. I've written myself into a corner and my characters are there saying, "Uhh... yeah... what now?" I wrote that my hero had come up with a brilliant plan, and normally... that's around the time he does, and I just keep writing. He is really letting me down here.

I'm fairly sure it has nothing to do with the cold medicine.

"THOMAS! Come up with your brilliant plan already! I just said you did."

Wait. It's on the tip of my brain.... I can feel it. OF COURSE! It's brilliant. BAWAHAHA!

Okay... writer's block is over. Please return to your regularly scheduled lives.

Oh... and no reject from DAW today. Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment