Where Ladybugs Roar

Confessions and Passions of a Compulsive Writer

Monday, September 21, 2009

One foot in the grave... like the hokey pokey... only morbid

I'm fairly certain that I'm dying... in which case... I should really finish up Honor six.

I did come to a realization in the middle of a coughing fit. I really have only sent the Honor book to DAW. I'm thinking that I should really get a solid number of rejections under my belt before I get nuts about it.

I've been going through the process of editing "Quality of Justice," and I've been thinking of how much I like Devi's character. I almost wish it wasn't part of a series... or that the three Vegas books were their own series.

My lungs are so crappy today. That means that cleaning will be difficult and running is out of the question. Dang it! It also means that I might be adding more mild expletives to my writing today. Actually, though... Sue Grafton didn't have a problem with profanity... it was just all those stupid adverbs. (I hate that now I'm looking at every adverb I have ever written and trying to justify it to myself.)

"Adverbs," she said irritably. "Swim despicably through the slowly moving river of grammar as a leaf tumbling clumsily, stopping frequently, and clogging proficiently otherwise swiftly flowing sentences."

No comments:

Post a Comment