Where Ladybugs Roar

Confessions and Passions of a Compulsive Writer

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The horrible quagmire of guilt in the Seussian cycle

So, I was reading my banned book for the week. (The Lorax) After I'd finished, I looked up precisely why it was banned.

So, do you know?

The forestry industry felt like it was criminalizing them. So... I can see that I suppose. On the other hand, there is the fact that Dr. Seuss depended on the forestry industry in order to publish his books. So, I'm left wondering what Dr. Seuss was suggesting in regards to the truffula trees and my place in all of this. I want to be a published writer but not at the expense of those adorabe barbaloots in their barbaloot suits. Then... the swomee swans... and the humming fish. I see now that the only answer is to go strictly with e-book publishing to avoid becoming a greedy Once-ler. I'm pretty sure that is what Seuss would have wanted.

Then, I moved on to Yertle the Turtle... and really... I'm not Hitler, so that was mostly okay.

Wait, though... the Sneeches... and the Butter Battle Book....

No, I'm good with those too. It's really just the Lorax that I need to justify.

In reality, though, trees are renewable resources, and I do recycle.

Phew. Okay. Justified.

So, yes, I have started another book. I feel bad about it... honestly. I am in the process of proofreading Face of the Phantom, though... and I did tack on another chunk to Honor six. I went to hand off "Sheri's Tales" to my little teenage crazed fan and she asked excitedly, "HONOR SIX?" Okay... so... no. As she was the second person to ask me if I'd finished Honor Six, I felt particularly bad about starting another book, but this new book is eating into my brain, and I need to work on it so I'll be able to sleep. Sleep is very important and this new book is really cool.

Tomorrow is October. BOO! BOO! I'm hoping the husband hasn't noticed. I sooo don't want to get a lame job to pay off my lame bills. If I was going to be able to do something I enjoyed... that would be different, but I've been out of the workforce for so long due to the kid's needs. Ugh. I haven't even thought about making up a resume. Ick. Blech.

Tomorrow is picture day for the kids. I really should make sure they have clothes to wear. That reeks of work. I hate work. I hate laundry. Booooo! Booooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment